Requirements from the CD pressing company:
- In order to be sure that recording parameters like silences between tracks, normalization, cd-texts are correctly set, the audio material has to be provided as DDP.
- Correct CD-TEXT should be compliant with the ISO 8859-1 encoding standard.
DDP Image recipe:
- Download DDP mastering tools http://ddp.andreasruge.de/
- Add directory storing cue2ddp software to Windows PATH
- Copy master WAV file and corresponding cue file with information about individual tracks.
- Prepare CUE file according to following rules:
- All titles, artist names need to be inside double quotation sings e.g. “Artist Name”
- Time format should follow standard: MM:SS:ss:ff
- MM – minutes
- SS -seconds
- ss – milliseconds
- ff – frames, from range 1-25
- In the folder where both files are strored run cue2ddp.exe <cue_file> <folder_with_DDP_image_data>
- Test the correctness of image following the steps describedi in 1.
- ddpinfo.exe <folder_with_DDP_image_data>
For less restrictive purposes e.g. private storage the alternative is to use Cue/Bin Image.
Here’s the recipe how to do prepare Cue/Bin Image with Sox.
- Run your linux enviroment for audio processing tasks. (do not have linux? Just download the audio processing VM here, run it in the VM environment like Oracle VMbox or VMWare Player and you’re ready to go).
- Check is sox installed: sox –version
- Download wav2bincue-sox.sh script from github https://github.com/goodmike31/audio_scripts/tree/master/prepare-bin-cue-image
- In the scripts set your own values of varilables like “PERFORMER” and “ALBUM_TITLE” etc (see sections SPECIFIED_BY_USER)
- Prepare WAV files. Check 44.1 kHz/16 bits format and rename all files match the pattern <track_index_with_single_leading_zero>-<track_title>.wav eg. 01-This is the song title.wav, 02-This is the song title2.wav, etc.
- Run the script with two arguments: Directory with mastered audio files in 16bits/44.1 kHz WAV format and output dir ./wav2bincue-sox.sh <input_dir> <output_dir>
- Check correctness of generated BIN/CUE pair by creating new AudioCD project in CDBurnerXP.
- File->Import CUE/BIN